Sunday, December 2, 2007

The Solid Rock

listen here

Edward Mote, William Batchelder Bradbury

Key: G
Verse 1:
E C#m F#m B
My hope is built on nothing less,
A F#m A B E
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness.
E C#m F#m B
I dare not trust the sweetest frame
A F#m A B E
But wholly lean on Jesus' Name.


Chorus:
E A
On Christ the solid rock I stand,
E C#m F#m B
All other ground is sinking sand,
A F#m B E
All other ground is sinking sand.


Verse 2:
When darkness seems to hide His face,
I rest on His unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.


Verse 3:
His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.


Verse 4:
When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh may I then in Him be found.
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.

No comments: